Birds of a Feather Submissions
We invite community members to submit proposals to organize BoF (Birds of a Feather) sessions at 2017 Tapia Conference. Students are particularly encouraged to suggest BOF proposals sessions. BOF sessions provide an informal, town-hall-like forum for the discussion of technical or social issues among interested parties and they provide a venue for communities (existing or dynamically organized) to network.
Previous conferences have included BOF topics such as robotics, cybersecurity, diversity in computing, and the enhancement of diversity initiatives in computer science research. BOFs are scheduled at the end of the day and limited to 1 hour. To encourage informal discussion, no projectors or machines will be provided for BOF sessions.
BOF proposals must include the following:
● BoF Title
● Organizer(s) Information (name, email, affiliation)
● Short bio (up to 150 words) for each organizer
● Statement of the organizers’ qualifications (up to 250 words)
● Brief topic description (up to 250 words) and
● Target audience (including estimate of the number of attendees to help in room organization)
BOF proposals will be evaluated based on relevance to the conference, originality, and quality of the proposal.
Submission deadline is Friday February 10, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT [Extended]
Program notifications will go out on Friday, March 25, 2017.[Updated].
For questions regarding submissions please contact the Program Committee